Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Meet our Design Team Sweeties

Yay, it's May! The weather is {finally} getting warm here in Michigan - we need to mow the grass after all the rain and sunshine we've been having! There is lots of exciting new stuff in store for SweetStamps.com in the upcoming months, I can't wait to share it all with you!
We've expanded our team and added some new creative ladies to our Design Team Sweeties lineup. We'd like to introduce you to them now. Just click on their name to link to their blog. Don't forget to come back and see their first creations as "sweeties" here on Tuesday, May 7th!

Annette Andersson
My name is Annette, 44 years old and live in lovely Sweden together with my hubbie and our two lovely sons. I have been crafting in one way or another all my life but when I found this wonderful hobby I knew I was stuck :) My favorite part is the colouring, but that doesn't mean that I don't love the other parts too. I think my style is quite varied, I like bright colours but green is absolutely my favorite! I am lucky enough to have my own crafting room were I spend alot of time.
Finally I have to say that I'm so honored to be part of this lovely team and excited to be working with these talented ladies!


Hi, my name is Bonnie Sharp and I am thrilled to be a part of the SweetStamps Design Team!  I am the grandmother of three beautiful babies and a farm wife with a lot of jobs to fulfill!  If I am not helping in the farm or playing with my grandchildren, you can find me in my stamp room having fun!
I am a SAHM who has been crafting for 10+ years. I love paper crafts, photography, sewing and jewelry making.
I recently relocated back to Minnesota when my husband retired from the Air Force. I have one super sweet son and a cute little cocker spaniel with very long ears! If I am not crafting I am gardening, reading or baking.
My name is DeNetra. I am a stay at home mother of 2 girls. They are my life.I have been paper crafting for about 5 years now and I have to say that I think its a life long hobby. I love it. I love creating everything. Cards, sewing, journals, tags, scrapbook layouts, I love it all. I have recently fallen into 3d art and miniature houses and things. I don't think I have a set style. I do love shabby chic colors and anything vintage. But I go with the flow of the papers and products I choose. I am also an avid journal keeper, cleaner, and a big kid. I listen to music as I craft. You could hear me playing anything from classical to rock. I love it all. I am a sweet, easy going person and eager to help. I am excited to be apart of a wonderful team. 

I have been a crafter all my life. Love designing and creating with anything I can get my hands on, creating something from nothing.  I love sharing ideas and how to do and make with other keen crafters. 


Erika Selander
My name is Erika and I live on a small farm in the north of Sweden together with my fiancé and lots of animals.
I am a graphic designer and work part time as the editor for a small magazine. The rest of my time is spent on the farm taking care of all the animals. I love to create and I do everything from digital designs and cards to painting and just messing around in my Art Journal. I have been scrapbooking and making cards for more than 10 years and I still love it. I love stamping and die cutting and I don't think it is possible to make a project without including at least one of the two (preferably both). :)
Greetings from Poland. My name is Irena, but I'm also known as Rudlis in the blogging world. I'm married and we have a two children (adults).
I was always interested in crafting. I tried cross-stitch, origami, iris folding, quilling etc. I started scrapbooking in spring 2008. My style is feminine and a little shabby-chic inspired. 
I love to learn new things. I'm very honoured to be part of Sweet Stamps and am looking forward to working with my fellow designers!
My name is Irit and I am an Israeli designer and scrapbooker. In my real life I am a working dentist, but I love to create in my spare time. Right now I design for 7-8 American, British, South African  and Australian companies. In the past I designed for like 20 more shops and  manufacturers and  I am a staff member  for Scrapbooking.com web magazine for last 2 years.My work was print and web published in Israel, USA and UK magazines in the last 3 years. I am thrilled to design for SweetStamps and hope to inspire my readers with my versatile crafty style.
 
Karrie Snider
My name is Karrie, and I am a wife and mother of two from Saskatchewan, Canada. I simply adore paper crafting! I've been making cards for nearly 10 years, and I love it as much today as I did when I started; maybe even more!! My blog is my little place on the web where I can share my love for paper crafting and connect with others who are like-minded!! I am so excited to be on the SweetStamps.com Design Team - I hope you enjoy my creations!!
Hi!  My name is Lisa Lahiff from Lisa's Creative Niche in the blog world.  While I do have a degree in Music Therapy from the University of Dayton, I am now a stay at home mother of two: Aiden (4) and Madeline (2).  I am also a happy wife to one incredibly supportive husband, and one obsessed paper crafter!  I began scrapbooking in 2005 when I was first introduced to the craft by my mother-in-law.  When I discovered blogging in 2008 I also found card making, and it was love at first sight.  I tend to create CAS designed projects, but I hate to limit myself by placing my technique in one category.  I am so excited to be a new "sweetie" and can not wait to see all of your projects too!
I am mother of two older children.  My son is 22 and my daughter is 19.  I have been married over 22 years and work at the Kennedy Space Center.  I have been crafting since as far back as I can remember.  It has always been a love of mine to have keepsakes of your life.  I consider myself a crafter of all trades, basically I do a bit of everything.  To me it is how we grow and learn different things.

I'm Roxie Glaza, I live with my husband in Michigan, and we have two adult children and two granddaughters. 
I was introduced to rubber stamping in 2000 to send cards to charities. I use all types of coloring mediums and design from clean and simple to the more involved cards and I enjoy a wide range of image styles.
I’m happy to be a SweetStamps Sweetie and looking forward to working with the team.

Returning senior DT Sweeties:

Kendra Sand, DT Leader
I am so excited to be able to continue with SweetStamps!  I am in love with all their stamps, inks and newly released dies!!  As well as all the other fabulous supplies offered in the store!!  I live in Northeast WI with my high school sweetheart and two adorable little kids, who keep me very busy!  When I'm not spending time with them, I love crafting!  I'm addicted to stamps and bling!  Along with paper and dies as well!!

Jacqueline Hill, illustrator
Jackie has been drawing since she was a small child, winning many awards and being honored for her work along the way. Jackie's artwork, photography and graphic designs have been in numerous publications, and recently had her second illustrated book published
Nature and wildlife have inspired her tremendously as an artist. Jackie lives in Michigan with her husband of nearly 24 years, Todd, and their daughter, Elizabeth. Aside from art, Jackie's other interests include gardening, card making, nature walks and spending time with family. You can see her card creations and other art on her blog.
Jackie's artwork-turned-to-stamps include Botanicals, 'lil Sweeties and Wildlife with more to come!


Calypso Bastian
My name is Nazeema Bastian, but I am known as "Calypso" in the blogging community and I live in Southern California. I am engaged to my best friend and together we have two amazing boys. I am a SAHM and a full time student pursuing my Nursing degree. So when I'm not enthralled within my books, running after a busy 2 year old and/or running back and forth for sports, you can find me in my crafty corner. I have been crafting since 1998, but only started blogging around 2010. I do not have a particular style that I tend to stick to, I just do as I feel and want. I do love to try new techniques and I am always in for a good sketch. I am honored to continue to be a part of SweetStamps Design Team and I am looking forward to a very creative and exciting time with these talented ladies. I hope that you will visit my blog and follow my crafting journey with the SweetStamps Design Team.

Shelly Schmidt
I am a wife to Ray for over 25 years, a mother to three great kids - Chris, Katie and Stephi. I have always enjoyed creating - sewing, smocking, doing macrame, crocheting and knitting... I went to a StampinUp party with a friend, and like so many others the love for paper crafting began! I am a Technique Junkie and really like to try different techniques on my cards. I also enjoy challenges to 'stir up' my creativity. I met SweetStamps at a stamping trade show and was smitten instantly! I am so honored and thrilled to be a part of this team and look forward to creating with the great designs.

Tamara Morton
Hi I'm Tamara, married to a fabulous hubby that is very understanding and supports me through my crafting addiction. We have a beautiful daughter, Savannah who brings us joy and happiness each and everyday. I started paper crafting in 2005 after receiving a handmade card from my cousin it inspired me so much I thought I would give it a go, since then I've been hooked.  The first major craft item I purchased was the Sizzix Big Shot which is still going strong today with my crafting space going from the dining table to a purpose built cabin at the bottom of the garden and I have to say I think I might need a bit more space. I can be found there most days with glitter, glue, sticky pads and copic's all around (a girl in heaven).  I am proud to be part of the  design team for SweetStamps and to be working with such amazing and talented ladies.
**************************

Welcome ladies! We're all excited to see your first SweetStamps post tomorrow!

1 comment:

Donna K said...

Congratulations all of you DT Sweeties! I'm a newer follower of Sweet Stamps and looking forward to seeing what's new from all of your talented crew!! Happy Monday!

~Donna K