Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pink Bells


Hi folks!  It's Holly with my last guest post here on the Sweet Stamps blog.  I truly appreciate this opportunity to share my Sweet Stamps creations with you during the month of December.  I've had a wonderful time playing with these beautiful stamps.  I'm leaving you with this card that I created using the gorgeous Bells with Bow stamp.

This week's Sweet Stamps challenge is Something New.  This Bells with Bow stamp is a new stamp to me, and it is such a relaxing image to color.  I created this card for my grandparents.  Their 69th anniversary is coming up in a few weeks, and I knew this stamp would be perfect!

I picked these colors specifically for my grandparents.  How can you go wrong with a pink and brown color combo??  :-)  I stamped the Bells with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then pulled out some Copic markers to color it with - E44, E49, R81, R83, and R85.  Once I finished coloring, I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink around the edges.

For the card base, I pulled out some papers from the Pretty In Pink 6x6 paper pad (Glitz) and adhered them to a white layer.  Everything was glued down onto a brown card base.  Then I die cut some corner pieces and added a white pearl to each one.  Finally, I adhered my Bells image with foam tape in the center of the card.

Check out the Something New challenge on the Sweet Stamps blog and play along with us.  You could win a $20 shopping spree at Sweet Stamps!  Thank you for stopping by to check out my artwork here this past month.  Here's to a wonderful new year in 2014!!




7 comments:

Denise said...

Happy New Year!
What a lovely card. I love pink and brown together!
Sweet Hugs
Denise
xox

Donna K said...

Your card is just beautiful, Holly. Love the pink & brown combo! This is a lovely card for your grandparent's anniversary and I'm sure they will treasure your hand crafted keepsake. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us!! Happy 2014 to you!

Jean Bullock said...

Well done! Love the colors and layout.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful coloring, love the pink and brown combination and the pearls on the corner pieces. Thank you again for joining us as a guest designer.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful : ) I so love the color combo together. The corner dies and pearls are such a great way to accent the lovely coloring of the image too! Thanks for joining us this month Holly!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful card, Holly. Happy anniversary to your grandparents. That is quite a milestone. Your brown and pink are so nice together.

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Gorgeous! I love the pink and brown! Your grandparents are sure to love this anniversary card, it is beautiful!