Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Leaves


Hi Roxie here to show you a couple simple ideas for Thanksgiving.  
Both cards in this post were done using the masking tape technique where you ink up the tape, place it on the glossy cardstock, very lightly rub then remove the tape.  This first card was actually the second panel created and the tape technique was applied only once.  

Images: SweetStamps - Leaves
Paper, for the first card: Pantone glossy, Basic Grey designer orange, Die Cuts with a View green
Ink: Shades - Butterscotch, Papaya, Palm Grove, Memento - Tuxedo Black
Tools: Scor-Pal for line embossing on each side of the inked strip, Perfect Layers Mini from Perfect Paper Crafting to cut the borders,  EK Success corner rounder
Enamel Dots: Eyelets Outlets and Brads


I started this card first and the masking tape I used was flawed leaving an open space in the application so I set it aside and made the first card in this post but I can never throw anything out without an attempt to save it.  So I traded rolls of masking tape with my husband and inked up a second time which made the color much brighter but I lost all the texture so I took one of the new ATC Mini Art Stencils from SweetStamps and sponged on grey ink and was happy with the results.  

This card also uses the same Leaves set but different images, I like this set because it offers both realistic and whimsical images. 

Different Supplies from the first card:
Ink: Shades - Stormy Gray
Tools: We R Memory Keepers corner punch
Paper: same glossy, The Paper Company orange, Remember When black textured



3 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

Roxie - I really like the simplicity of these --- that's the way I like to work simple and graceful.

Donna K said...

This is a beautiful technique Roxie. Love how the leaves are partially on the un shaded areas. Very pretty!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Two beautiful designs. I love how you used a different color behind the 3 leaves and rounded edges on the first card and how the black images stand out from the deeper colors you used for the background on the second card.